Haliburton and District Lions Club
The Haliburton and District Lions Club was chartered in 1978 and serves the communities of Stanhope, West Guilford, Haliburton, Wilberforce, Cardiff and Harcourt. Lions International is the largest and most active service club in the world and is open to both men and women.
The Haliburton club currently has a membership of twenty. Meetings are held twice a month on the second and fourth Thursdays at the Lions Den which is located in the basement of the Masonic Temple in Haliburton.
Through many fundraising activities, the club supports a wide range of worthy causes, mostly centred in our community, while at the same time recognizing that we are part of a global community.
In 1925, Helen Keller challenged Lions to be "Knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness". As a result, Lions worldwide have invested millions of dollars in an effort to eradicate preventable blindness. We, too, are a part of that program.
The club also performs many service projects, such as helping with the Highland Games, the West Guilford Canada Day celebrations, the Monmouth Fair and the Haliburton Santa Claus Parade. One of our child-focused projects is our annual Vision Screening program where we screen the eyes of kindergarten children in our schools.
For further information about Lionism, check out these websites:
For further information regarding the Haliburton and District Lions, contact Lion David Mills at 705-457-1354.